Monday, October 12, 2015

Hard Week-But Still Lots of Miracles

Dear Family!!!!!!!
I love the `pictures!!! Katie is soooooo pretty.  I feel so blessed to be part of such a pretty family. God truly has blessed our family, and we have to use this gift to bless the lives of others.  

So this week was interesting. We have the standard to teach 21 lessons a week (investigators only). We only got 13 and we just can't seem to get 21. It is soooo hard.  We had a meeting with the leaders in our area and the leader of the zone is super spiritual and works super hard. I asked him what are they doing to  get 21 lessons a week. He told me some things to do and I just got so frustrated because I am trying to do it and he told me everything I am already doing!! Ugh! Frustrating.
 
This was a week where we contacted a ton!! And the people were really mean! They would just say things and treat us like garbage. ugh I just wish they would understand what they are throwing away! 

I have seen soo many miracles this week so I made it through the really hard times. One day we were contacting all day!!! I was sooo tired and people were sooo mean! We sat down and said a prayer and I started to cry (my poor companion). She said let's go buy a chocolate and then keep contacting. So I agreed. So on the way to buy a chocolate, we found this 16 year old girl outside and we started to talk to her and we taught a lesson outside on her porch! It was such a blessing.  I was so sad. God tested me to my limit and then gave me a blessing!! I am so amazed at the person He is making me be. I can feel the Spirit guiding me all day if I am humble. 

Our president wants us to use the members!! So I am trying and I thought, "how can I help the members do missionary work? I feel bad- they have their busy schedules..." I thought, "I have to give them hope and excitement to do it...." Sooooo I need your help!!! I need you guys this week as my family and members of the church to pray and really look look look for missionary opportunities and next week tell me how you involved the missionaries and what you did so that I can tell the members that if my family, who is super busy and who lives in Utah (where most of the people are members ) can be missionaries, then the members here can do it too. Can you pray and really try to do it???? Please,  I know it was inspiration and that I need you guys to be missionaries! Invite them over for dinner with the missionaries. Invite the missionaries to go with you to do your visiting teaching to the less actives.  I don't know what you can do, but God knows. He knows you're busy, but he knows how you can do it!!!! 
Being a missionary is soooo hard! I don't think I have ever felt sooo inadequate in my life! Its like we are never perfect! haha But that is good because I am learning to rely on God 100 percent because I know I can't do this work on my own. 

So we have been teaching a family from Venezuela and there are like 13 of them. We passed by their house and the whole family was there. It was kinda awkward - it was like a family party.  I thought, oh boy, how are we going to teach them? and what do we teach them, because some of the family has already been listening to us.  But I thought "let's teach the restoration" (all are catholics). Before we taught the lesson,  we were talking and getting to know them and no one knew what to say. I was carrying the whole conversation! It was sooo great. God used my little talent to talk and laugh and help the whole family feel comfortable. My companion had just wanted to share a scripture but I started to teach the restoration and it was sooo awesome!! We were teaching this family about Joseph Smith. It was probably the best moment of my mission. They were all interested and we got 5 new investigators! I don't know If I am explaining this very good. But it was sooo cool.

Then another miracle-We were teaching this guy named Pablo. He has come to church 6 times and he is progressing but he didn't understand why baptism is sooo important.!! He had some really hard questions that we just didn't have the answer to,  we just have to trust that God told us to get baptized. And then we had a really good lesson with him. On Tuesday it hadn't gone very well. He said, "I will see you in the celestial kingdom without baptism."  But then on Friday we taught a lesson that was really spiritual and talked about the Holy Ghost and then he said he will get baptized on Oct 30th!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo amazed!!! It was sooo awesome just having the Spirit tell me what to teach and what scriptures to use to help him with his doubts.
 
My scripture this week is James 1:2-4

Oh yeah!! And we found this contact that was really creepy. It was a teenage boy that was like yeah I would love to learn more!! But it just didn't feel right. My companion was like "no, I think he is just weird." But I just didn't feel like it was a good idea. But my comp really wanted to go. So I said okay. Then we went to the area to meet him (in public safe).  And he was like, " I am close to the lake"  where there was no one and he wouldn't come and meet us in the public area.  I was like "no, we are not going over there." So we didn't and then last night he sent us messages saying how we don't practice what we teach about love... Yeah we didn't text him back but it was sooo messed up. He luckily doesn't live in Bariloche, but it still was messed up! God is protecting us!

Anyways, love you all. Sorry this letter was so random. Love you so much and miss you tons.  But hey 7 months isn't eternity.. hahaha but I am great. I just need to look for the good, Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes 
Love Hermana Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment