Monday, January 5, 2015

2015!!!

Dear Family,
I continue to pray for you all. Thank you for fasting for me. I am doing so much better. I am understanding so much more. Obviously not everything but I am understanding a lot more. Lots of people tell me my Spanish is better and they say they can understand me! Yay!! People can understand me!! I am still nowhere close to being fluent, but people can understand me. 

My New Years Eve was one to remember. My companion and I got to go to a member's house. They made some way fancy food. It was chicken with egg inside or something, I don't really know but it was soooo good. I will try and send pictures if I have time. We listened to music from Argentina and it was so fun. I just felt so grateful for the opportunity I have to be in Argentina. The next day the whole town was shut down. No people worked so all the missionaries got together and played futbol. We play soccer all the time. Too bad I didn't play soccer in high school. We occassionally will play basketball. It is so much more fun to play basketball because I am better at basketball. Hahaha and I am not so good at soccer. The missionaries call me Brittany because there is a really good basketball player in the USA and her name is Brittany. After we went and got ice cream I was telling one of the elders about my struggles with the language and he told me to memorize music. That will help and plus it is more fun than studying other things so I think I will try that. 

I got a blessing from one of the elders and it was a nice blessing. It was really a miracle how that all came to play. I had wanted to ask for a blessing but I knew I would cry hahaha so I avoided asking for a blessing. Then my companion out of the blue asked for a blessing.  Afterward I asked for a blessing and the elder gave it in English--so nice. I felt in the blessing that I just need to have more faith.  I have been given the gift of tongues now I just need to believe that I can do this. In the blessing the elder said you will be able to teach the language better than you can even imagine.  Is that true or what because I can't even imagine speaking right now. But all I can do is try my best and the Lord will provide a way. 

The biggest thing I am struggling with now is to really focus when people are talking. When I focus really hard I can understand what people are saying. But it is really really hard to focus hard 100 percent of the time. So that is what I am working on now. I just hope the language will get to a point where I don't have to focus so hard to understand what people are saying. Because it is really draining. 

Wow So many miracles.... I will look for words in my dictionary while walking in the streets and I open up right to the word sometimes. Cool huh? Little things like that all the time. Oh and the other day we were visiting people and I had the feeling to go visit one of our less actives but we weren't supposed to visit him until 8 that night. I asked my companion if we could go visit him and we did and he was home! It was a miracle because he wasn't home the whole week before. The Lord is in the details of our lives.  I am really seeing that in the mission. 

My talk went great! I pretty much just read the paper but that is okay. People came up to me and said it was great! Hehehe yay! Oh and one of the elders gave me a hymn book made easy. Yay miracle. Now I can play the hymns better.  It is crazy that you guys are cold right now because I am so hot. What is 30 C in Fahrenheit?  I have no idea how far we walk but we walk for 5 hours a day if you take out the lessons, so lots. It isn't that hard though. The mission is more emotionally hard than I thought it would be but physically it is easier. But maybe If I get a companion who works harder then I will think the physical is harder haha. 

Love you all,  I am doing so much better. I will pray for you all.  Talk to you again in 6 days.

Love Hermana Bailey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment