Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 9, 2015

Shopping cart we took to our pension because we didn't want to carry all our bags... haha Don't worry, we brought it back. 


Hey family! 

I hope all is well! I am doing great here in my new area. It is super hot.  I am getting sunburned and all! Por Fin!!!! 
We are teaching a lot of people right now. We have a guy that we are teaching that is like a member.  He knows everything about the gospel but can't get baptized. It is a long story.. So he got divorced and he signed the papers and his wife signed the papers but they are waiting for the judge to sign the papers and it is taking forever. He was living with this other girl because they can't get married.  I had the strong feeling to tell them that if they want God to help the judge to sign the papers that they had to obey the law of chastity and can't live together.. sooo they aren't living together anymore! Which is super awesome but they are still a couple like boyfriend and girlfriend.  I just want him to get baptized but because he is still (technically married) he can't get baptized.  Even though they are not doing anything bad.  Does that make sense because I am soooo frustrated. But that is okay. We are fasting that the judge will sign the papers and all will be well. 

Here in my new area the people are sooo nice. I can't even handle it. Of course the ward has some problems. We had ward counsel yesterday.  I just wanted to tell the Relief Society Presidente to stop complaining and help the members!!! Ugh I feel sooo helpless as a missionary sometimes. Because the ward needs some serious help but as missionaries we shouldn't do the job of the Relief Society President or Bishop.  Dad, in your opinion what is a good ward counsel and what do the missionaries do that is helpful?  I feel like I just go there and leave the exact same way I left. I love this area but now that I am in a poor area again it is like teaching people to not be lazy... kinda frustrating... It's like that thing that says the people take the people out of the slums but God takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums! So true.  This people really need God's help to take themselves out of the slums. We are teaching this one family. The Dad does drugs and he wants to change but the poor wife doesn't think he can so we are working with them a lot right now. 

I gave a talk in church yesterday. There was no electricity so I pretty much had to yell so that everyone could hear me. hahahah. This ward here is huge. It's a ward of like 80 or 90 -super awesome. We had a conference with President last week. It was sooo good. On our way home my companion and I tried to share the video of the restoration on the bus of 50 people but it didn't work so we ended up showing a mormon message instead. That was fun. Then my comp got way sick and threw up in the bus all over. It was disgusting!!! Hahhaha it was like chocolate.  And right before she threw up I was telling this man about the restoration and how this gospel brings happiness and then my comp threw up right next to him on the floor. It was soooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways that was about my week. Pray that we will baptize a lot this week and that we will be able to teach this conference of missionaries really good. :) hahaha and heads up Brayden- start learning piano... I have to play the piano in the ward here again... um yeah super embarassing... hehe love you all 
Hermana Bailey

P.S. Dad, Do you think I should extend? What's your opinion on that? I feel like I am just getting the hang of things and I hate to think of the mission ending. But I also have 6 more months so what's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment