Monday, July 13, 2015

Nuevo Presidente!!!

Snow!!!!

Dear Family!!!! 
Wow, this week was incredible!!! So we went to Neuquen and the new mission president has so much animo (energy). He is just ready to work and change the mission. Soooo pretty much the conference was beautiful. The Spirit was so strong. The missionaries were so strong. Soooo pretty much you HAVE TO READ  Gene R Cook Liahona from 83 May. 

(https://www.lds.org/liahona/1983/04/faith-in-the-lord-jesus-christ?lang=eng) 

It is about this missionary who has 25 bautismos in 1 month in an area that did not have any success for years. This missionary goes in there and changes everything because of his faith.  He ended up having 18 baptisms. Then we were all talking about how awesome this missionary is and how we want to be like him. Then President gets quiet and says, "This missionary was me!!!" Oh my gosh we were all in awe!!! We stopped and no one said anything. Then a missionary yells "Thanks for your example President!" It was soooo powerful.  I was soooo happy to be a Hermana Lider this transfer so that I had the honor to be in the conference.  Then we planned our conference with the zone. My compnaion and I had to give a talk, and I talked about hunting and how it is kinda like missionary work hahahaha. It went all right but when the elders got up,  that was when the Spirit was really strong and every missionary had tons of animo. We put goals that we want to have happen in the next 4 weeks.  My companion and I put the goal of 5 baptisms before the end of this transfer 8 August. The whole zone was 136 baptisms!!!! Soooo crazy. The Spirit was so strong Mom!!! We cried and we just had soooooooooo much Spirit!!!  136 baptisms sounds impossible but you would not believe the miracles that we are seeing in the zone! We are going to see a huge miracle and have 136 baptisms. The thing we were faulta was energy and faith! Then we had interviews with the new president. They were so good. He is so laid back and his wife is a little more strict. The new president came and changed rules and we can can drink Coke! And we can play futbol with the members! 

So after all these meetings we finally got to go out and work with all our animo that we had. It was incredible!!!!! We started contacting and we were getting directions and then...!!!- Mom we saw this woman who had red hair!!! I hope you remember that I was looking for the lady with red hair that I pictured that day we were fasting for more success. I told my comp we have to talk to her. We talked to her and at first she was kinda closed then she started telling us that she came to Bariloche looking for something. She needs more peace in her life! Then my companion explained that we are missionaries and we share a message of peace. Then I looked at her and told her that the peace she was looking for is the gospe of Jesus Christ!! The Spirit was soooooo strong. Then she started to cry and then I told her that I had a dream with a woman with red hair that was looking the gospel.  It was sooooo crazy. Then my companion and I started to cry. We all hugged each other!!! What!!!!! So crazy. Here we are in what is supposed to be the hardest area in the mission and we found a lady who is soooo ready!!! We put a cita (meeting) with her and she ended up not being able to listen to us the next day... Yeah a little bummed but we are still in contact. Pray that we will be able to teach her! Because it was incredible!! This is my favorite story but we saw sooo many miracles.  I wish I could just call you and tell you all of them!! Then we went to a members home who usually doesn't want us to teach her family. She always says they aren't ready and we told her our miracles and then we told her that we felt the strong impression that her Mom was ready!! She said "I think so too Hermanas.  I can feel it is time for my family." So now we have a lesson with her Mom tomorrow!!! We were sooo happy! This is how you work with the members. Show them your animo and your hope and faith and then they believe it is time for their family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soooo awesome! I just want every missionary to understand that it is the energy that we carry that draws people because then they can feel the Spirit!!!! Then yesterday we found a woman, took her to the church and she accepted a date for 8 Agosto to be baptised!!! What!!! So crazy. Yeah this area that is super hard just needs faith!!!!!!! I am so grateful for the new president! He seriously is giving so much animo to the missionaries! 

I do have a washer - the best thing ever Mom!!!!!!!  My companion and I are good.  I don't know I just miss Hermana Miller from Canada!  hahaha but other than that I am doing great! Thanks for the letter. You have a way of helping me feel good about my situation and that I am not missing out on what is going on at home. Thanks love you sooooo much. 
Serenity, have a happy birthday!! I can't believe Serenity will be 11!!! Ahhhh soooo old! And tell Grandma and Grandpa Bailey happy birthday for me too! I love you all and hope you know there is soooo much snow here. Awe it is crazy!!!
Today for p-day we are going on a hike in the snow!

Love you all 
Hermana Bailey

P.S. Hey and if you could send the letters from other missionaries in through dear elder it is so much easier. And hey I can recieve packages!!! Some peanut butter would be fun!!  Hey and what does it mean if your eye wont stop twitching!!! hahahah soooo annoying

No comments:

Post a Comment